I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and were able to enjoy some great food with family. Going off the Thanksgiving theme, I figured I would post a recipe with my favorite carb, sweet potatoes! Sweet potatoes are one of the healthiest carb out there, with a ton of essential vitamins/nutrients like Vitamin A, beta-carotene, and fiber. I have a sweet potato with my meal almost every night of the week. If you are looking to eat healthy, but miss french fries, this recipe can be a healthy alternative. I initially found this recipe on foodnetwork.com
Total Cooking Time- 30 minutes
2 medium sweet potatoes (whether or not to peel them is personal preference. A lot of the nutrients and fiber are actually in the peel, so I don’t peel them)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut each half into 3 long spears.
3. Place them on a sheet pan and toss with the olive oil.
4. Spread the potatoes in one layer.
5. Combine the cinnamon, salt, and pepper and sprinkle on the potatoes.
6. Bake for 15 minutes and then turn with a spatula. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
7. Sprinkle lightly with salt and serve hot.